Transportation for your medical treatment after a vehicle accident

A Tradition of Excellence

Visit Our Case Results

Sampling of Successful Case Resolutions

Click Here
Personal Injury FAQs

Read our answers to some frequently asked questions.

Click Here

View Our Mission Statement

Click Here
Fill out my online form.
Do you need to report a car accident to the police in Connecticut?
Do You Need to Report a Car Accident to the Police in Connecticut
June 19, 2020
Road Rage Caused my Injury
August 17, 2020

Transportation for your medical treatment after a vehicle accident

It is not just your injuries that will need attention after an accident. If your car received damage you will need transportation for your medical treatment until your vehicle is repaired or replaced if it is a total loss.

A vehicle accident will change your life for often weeks, even months, and sometimes years. Even if your reliable aged vehicle is “totaled” you still should be reimbursed for, or be provided, a comparable rental car by the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident or your insurance company for a reasonable period of time after the accident and after settlement is reached on the total loss payout value of your totaled vehicle. (This means, for example, that they cannot put you in a compact car if you drive a SUV.)

If your vehicle damage renders it “not drivable” or, if drivable, but must go into the shop for repairs because of property damage resulting from an accident, you are entitled to a rental vehicle or  what is called “loss of use” compensation. Loss of use is usually $20-25 per day while your car is being repaired.

“If you incur property damage to your vehicle as a result of someone else being legally at fault, you are entitled to compensation for loss of use of your property. In such case, you are entitled to a comparable rental vehicle or reasonable compensation, for a reasonable period of time necessary to settle your claim or repair your vehicle. The Department believes that a reasonable period of time for “loss of use” depends on the extent of damage and the amount of time needed to repair the vehicle. If you and the insurance company continue to disagree on the amount you may be eligible for arbitration.” Source: CT.Gov

Protecting Your Rights after an Accident

Car accident victims can suffer a range of injuries, from broken bones to brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. Whether the injury causes temporary or permanent disability, you may need compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. To recover adequate compensation, you will definitely need representation from an experienced attorney.

At Tindall Law Firm, LLC, we fight to recover damages for car accident victims in Connecticut. With 23 years of experience, attorney Tavis Tindall has the knowledge and skill to hold the at fault driver accountable for your losses. For a free consultation with a Waterbury car accident injury lawyer, please call  203.755.0018 or contact us online.